bearhawkgroups.com Forum Index bearhawkgroups.com
A mailing list / forum for bearhawk builders.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AOPA - Emergency Assistance Plus (insurance)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bearhawkgroups.com Forum Index -> Unofficial Bearhawk Group
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twalter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: AOPA - Emergency Assistance Plus (insurance) Reply with quote

AOPA advertisement for "Emergency Assistance Plus" arrived in the mail.

It is basically a "medi-evac" type insurance, but also covers within USA. Their case examples are pretty good, but curious if anyone else has heard of negatives?

I've been in the same company for a while, but of the "top 200" folks who do a lot of travel and business, I can think of folks who could have used the insurance. Heart Attack, Stoke, and a few other emergencies that occurred. I use flying as my stress relief (just having two hours, no cell phone and CAVU is the worlds best stress reliever).

$109/yr seems pretty cheap. A friend is a RN with an evac crew, went down to Interior of Mexico to pick up a patient on a medi-evac flight. He asked the Doc "Why Warfin?" when they were unsure if hemorrage or blockage. Doc honestly told him no MRI here, "if hemorrhaging, he would be in less pain, better for family" (i.e. in case of a brain hemorrage, he would die any way... might as well not have him suffer long). Patient had a blockage, so Warfin (blood thinner) helped.

Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bearhawkgroups.com Forum Index -> Unofficial Bearhawk Group All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: